(*CA BAR REQUIRED)
CGL is looking to grow our team of top-notch lawyers! We are a fully distributed, fast-growing, transactional law firm, looking to change the nature of work. We service early to mid-stage tech companies disrupting old models as much as we are. Success in this position will be measured by results. Where and how our team works is their choice; each person is encouraged to tailor his/her work environment to optimize personal well-being and professional success. This is a great opportunity for someone with top-caliber credentials looking to do exciting, diverse start-up work while enjoying more flexibility, free time and autonomy than typical law firm or in-house positions provide. While this a full-time position, the billable requirement is only 80-100 hours per month (yes, a month!) to promote our mission of work-life balance.
- Draft and review commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements; EULAs; Terms of Services, Use, or Conditions; Manufacturing Agreements; Distribution Agreements; Supply Agreements; Licensing Agreements; Master Services Agreements; Statements of Work; NDAs; CIAAs; Purchase Orders; Vendor Agreements; and other customer contracts.
- Manage other CGL attorneys and paralegals to service clients; assist with select marketing activites (e.g., content contribution); contribute to firm Forms Library
- J.D. from an U.S. accredited law school
- Active member of the California State Bar
- 6+ years of experience handling commercial agreements, including 2+ working at a premier U.S. law firm
- In-house experience at Fortune 500 company or growth stage startup is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to clearly and simply explain complex ideas
- Ability to manage other attorneys in a kind and empathetic manner
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality control