Privacy is ubiquitous in our legal and business landscape today and it can seem really big and daunting to companies of all sizes. Although privacy as a legal concept and an operational imperative is new for organizations, the law is developing so rapidly that it can be hard to keep up.
In this episode, CGL partner Keri Kelly and Robert Glaser, Vice President & Chief Privacy Officer at Entisys360 join the conversation to discuss operations, privacy, and data security. They also dig into the link between privacy, legal, and IT – a triad of elements to form a single operational program.
- what a functional operational privacy program looks like,
- how a functional operational privacy program decreases the financial and reputational risks to an organization, and
- how to implement privacy into your operations and product offerings.
Security and privacy need to be part of the fabric of your organization. To do this, it should be part of everybody’s job from the executive suite down to customer-facing employees.It’s not just about the policies and procedures, but about making a culture of privacy inside the organization.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Privacy blind spots
- The triad: privacy, security, and law
- Privacy as a team sport within organizations
- The “privacy by design” framework
- The foundations of operational privacy
- How privacy and security can affect a company’s valuation during an M&A process
- About the risk deceptive or misleading practices about your privacy pose in your public-facing materials
- Types of privacy and security training in the onboarding process
Subscribe and Review
Have you subscribed to our podcast? We’d love for you to subscribe if you haven’t yet. Each week, we share authentic discussions with business leaders where they flesh out substantive issues while also getting deeper into their stories. We’ll dive into conversations on the fusion of business and humanity, success and authenticity, and the challenges of balancing life and work, in addition to regularly sharing legal updates and substantive content.
We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.
International Association of Privacy Professionals
If you like this podcast and are thinking of creating your own, consider talking to my producer, Emerald City Productions. They helped me grow and produce the podcast you are listening to right now. Find out more at https://emeraldcitypro.com.
The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this website or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between CGL and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.