In this guide, CGL’s Cannabis Practice Area Expert, Jennifer Gumer, review the past year and look ahead at some noteworthy trends. As a partner at CGL and our Regulatory and Compliance Practice Lead, Jennifer provides strategic counseling, practical advice, and expert advocacy to clients with production needs. As an Adjunct Professor of Law and Bioethics, she is uniquely qualified to handle all interactions with federal, state, and local regulators who oversee product development, manufacturing, and marketing activities, including the FDA and Local Hemp Regulators.
Prior to joining CGL, Jennifer worked at the international law firm Gibson Dunn and Crutcher for more than six years. The focus of Jennifer’s practice at Gibson was FDA, healthcare, and life sciences matters.
Included in this guide:
Looking at Last Year’s Predictions:
- Reduced Investor Interest in US Cannabis Markets
- Regulatory Changes in the Cannabis Market
- Greater Certainty About the Legal Status of Hemp
New & Noteworthy in 2020
- UN Removes Cannabis from Schedule IV
- The FTC’s Operation CBDeceipt
- Health Warnings Required in California beginning Jan. 3rd
COVID & Cannabis
- The Pandemic Spurred Warnings from the FTC
- Cannabis Designated Essential
- Online Ordering
Legal Status Across North America
- Five More States Legalize it
- The State of Cannabis in California
- A Note About Our Southern Neighbors in Mexico
- Overproduction in Canada
5 Exciting Predictions for 2021
The materials available at this website are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this website or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between CGL and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.